September 27, 2011

stress and the city

First of all, I'd like to thank you all who commented and/or sent me emails on the last post I wrote and special thanks to MarieHarmony who was kind enough to feature me on her blog.

It was so cool to see how many of us bloggers think alike. I had been feeling a little weird lately due to this urge I've got to move to a small town for a better simpler life. I thought the problem was... you know, maybe me.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is my former lover: Madrid. Isn't it beautiful?
See, when I was younger, I used to think living in a big city would be THE very best thing in the world. You know.. new possibilities, interesting new people, endless entertainment, nightlife and fun. Not to mention the anonymity of big city life which definitely has its advantages.

So I moved to this big European capital, which (despite having traveled a lot) still is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever been to. I won't say I didn't have any fun. I loved it! Until very recently when I started thinking I might be happier somewhere smaller, less expensive, less noisy, less crowded.. where life goes by slower. 

*   *   *


I've done a little googling here and I have officially decided I have no idea where this Liebster award comes from. The best explanation I got was this one.

Then I though - hey, who cares about this Liebster guy anyway?? (Sorry, man!) This is too cool to miss, so I will participate. :) 

The Rules are:


1. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks for the award and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog. (Oh, I'm not that good at following rules, so I chose only 4)

3. Post the award on your blog.
4. Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the blogsphere - other bloggers.
5. And, best of all - have fun and spread the love.

[I should also point out there is no obligation to continue this award. If this is not your cup of tea, don’t worry! :)]


And the award goes to...



This girl is ultra talented.

She's the sweetest blogger.


Norwegian! Talk about following someone from up north :)


She's super nice - also lives in Spain.



7 comments:

  1. Oh my! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I'm so honored!! I will try to follow the rules ;)

    Madrid looks absolutely beautiful to me, and I love Spain in general! I will go to Madrid one day, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I love your blog, Halina. You're a rock star :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww... that's so sweet and kind of you! Thank you, hun!
    It made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Madrid really is pretty!! Thanks for sharing the pic...

    ReplyDelete

You know the drill. Please leave your message after the "beep". Beep!